A previously-deported illegal immigrant is under arrest in California, the suspect in a violent crime spree that left three homeless men dead.
The suspect, Ramon Escobar, fled to California from Texas after he was suspected in the disappearance of two of his relatives in the Houston area. In the Los Angeles area, he began beating and robbing homeless men. He is suspected in bludgeoning seven men, killing three of them before being captured.
Escobar, 47, is a native of El Salvador and a convicted felon who has been repeatedly deported from the United States. He now faces three counts of murder and four counts of attempted murder.
The suspect was arrested on Monday after he allegedly clubbed a sleeping homeless man in the head with a pair of bolt-cutters in Santa Monica, Los Angeles Police Department Captain William Hayes told a news conference on Tuesday.
Two other homeless men were similarly attacked on a Santa Monica beach earlier this month, as was a third man who was sleeping under a pier after a night of fishing.
Separately, three homeless men were battered with a baseball bat while they slept on the streets of downtown Los Angeles on Sept. 16, authorities said on Tuesday.
Two of the Los Angeles victims and the man attacked under the Santa Monica pier died of their injuries. Three surviving victims remained hospitalized – two in a coma and one other on life-support, police said.
Hayes said Escobar was apparently homeless himself, and robbery appeared to be his motive for the attacks.
Post your thoughts in the comments section below on the illegal immigrant who killed three men in California. In addition, share this on social media.