In an appearance Friday on ABC’s “The View,” former Vice President Joe Biden claimed that the Obama administration did not have a “single whisper of scandal” during his time with the administration.
His appearance on the liberally-minded talk show comes a day after he announced he was running for President. He is now largely considered the front-runner to take the Deocratic nomination and challenge incumbent Donald Trump.
On “The View,” Biden attempted what most Republicans would say is a rewrite of Obama administration history. “I’m incredibly proud to have served with him,” Biden said. “The thing I’m proudest of is we were each in a different part of the country and we were each talking to groups of people that were being televised. Purely coincidentally we said the same thing. We were asked what are you proudest of from your administration? You know what I said — he said the same thing as I did. No one single whisper of scandal. That’s because of Barack Obama.”
Contrary to Biden’s assertion, however, the Obama White House was embroiled in a number of controversies and scandals, a few of which are included below. Biden himself is now facing his own scandal, as he was recently accused by seven women of violating their personal space and inappropriate physical contact.
In his announcement video Thursday, Biden said he was running to change the culture that President Trump has brought to America after his election. “We are in the battle for the soul of this nation,” he said in the video. “If we give Donald Trump eight years in the White House he will forever and fundamentally alter the character of this nation. And I cannot stand by and watch that happen.”
It should be noted that the Obama Administration’s major scandals include, but are not limited to, the following:
- The Benghazi terror attack
- The ATF gunwalking scandal, known as “Fast and the Furious”
- “Boundless Informant,” the NSA program to collect “big data” from millions of American citizens and businesses
- The Clinton Foundation Scandal, in which Secretary of State Hillary Clinton facilitated donations to her foundation from foreign countries she interacted with
- The Iran Nuclear Deal, known as the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action, which gave the Iranian regime billions in cash
- The Department of Justice, and Attorney General Eric Holder, spying on reporters without oversight, including members of the Associated Press and CBS News’ Sharyl Attkisson.
- The Fairview Scandal, in which the NSA spied on American citizens using ATT internet hubs
- The decision to close the Guantanamo Bay terrorist detention camp
- The Obamacare/HealthCare.gov debacle
- Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s email server controversy
- The IRS targeting of conservative groups
- Allowing the New Black Panther Party to intimidate voters without charges or repercussions
- The Solyndra scandal, in which billions were given to a failing solar power company
- The release of the “Taliban Five,” terrorist leaders who were exchanged for Army deserter Bowe Bergdahl.
- The Uranium One scandal, in which Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s foundation is accused of profiting from the sale of Uranium to Russian interests
Here’s the video clip from “The View” in which Joe Biden asserts a “scandal-free” Obama administration.
Post your thoughts in the comments section below on Joe Biden and his comments regarding the Obama administration. In addition, share this on social media.